While both serve the purpose of keeping your home safe, each service caters to different needs and scenarios. Let’s dive in.
Home Watch is a regular inspection of a home or property looking for obvious issues with the primary objective being that your home is in the same condition when you return as you left it. Think of Home Watch as a regular check-up for your home when you’re away for long periods of time. The following services are just a few that Vermont Home Watch offers:
- Check for vandalism, and that all doors and windows are secure
- Look for signs of water leaks, moisture or mold
- Check temperature/humidity settings on thermostats
- Flush stagnant water in toilets
- Check for damage caused by trees or limbs
- Inspect for obvious pest presence or insect infestation
- Check smoke & carbon monoxide alarms
Benefits of Home Watch:
If you’re going on an extended vacation, whether for an entire season, a semester, or just a few weeks, hiring a home watch service ensures peace of mind and the safety of your belongings. The benefits of home watch are as follows:
- Regular Monitoring: A home watch service regularly inspects your property, ensuring that everything is in order, from the garden to the garage.
- Immediate Reporting: If there’s a broken window or a leak in the roof or under a sink, a home watch service will report it immediately, ensuring timely repairs.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing someone is keeping an eye on your property provides immense peace of mind.
Home Security Systems
Home security systems, on the other hand, are technologically advanced setups designed to protect against unauthorized entry, theft, and other potential threats. Home security systems can be employed at any time, whether you’re away for just a few hours or want extra protection while you sleep at night.
Benefits of Home Security Systems:
- 24/7 Monitoring: Advanced security systems are always on, ensuring round-the-clock protection.
- Instant Alerts: In case of any breach, modern security systems send instant alerts to homeowners and, in some cases, directly to local law enforcement.
- Deterrence: The mere presence of cameras and alarms can deter potential burglars or vandals.
Home Watch vs. Home Security: Which is Right for You?
The choice between home watch and home security largely depends on your specific needs:
- If you’re away from your home for extended periods of time (think weeks or months) and want someone to ensure that everything remains in order, a local home watch service is ideal.
- If you’re not planning an extended trip, but are more concerned about potential break-ins, thefts, or other security threats, investing in a home security system may be the right approach.
In many cases, homeowners opt for a combination of both, ensuring that their property gets the best of visual inspections and technological protection. At Vermont Home Watch, many of our clients use home security systems. We’re happy to be your go-to when that alarm sounds, whether it’s a false alarm or not.
The team at Vermont Home Watch is here to help your family choose the best services for your situation. Contact us for personalized advice!